Thursday, February 19, 2009

Carpeting again!

Tomorrow is the big day again. Over the summer my husband and I added on to our house. Instead of having the two living room thing, which I have decided I can't stand, we turned them into other usable rooms. Now we have one huge room. I wanted to do bamboo on the flooring. You know go green and all. I was out numbered by the rest of the family who wanted carpet. So we got carpeting. We researched what would be best with the traffic we have in our house. There is always teenagers all over and then the other four legged kids too. July, the new carpeting got put in. Then I noticed a new pattern in the carpet that wasn't on the display. Oh well, I went with it anyways. As time went on, that different pattern turned into flaws. The more I vacuumed the more they showed up. I finally decided to call and let the company know what was going on with the carpet. Luckily, I still had a large piece of remnant that I was able to bring in to show them. Turns out the company wasn't able to see any flaws in the remnant. A carpet investigator came out to look at the carpet as well as an employee from the carpet mill. Both acknowledge there was a big problem. Odd. Once the investigator showed the company his proof there was no going back. Apparently, carpet is supposed to be in the shape of a V when it is pulled up and also double threaded. Ours in spots was in a long V on one side which was causing a frayed look throughout the carpet. Also, some of it was single threaded. So pretty much the whole carpet is garbage. So this week between everything else in life is moving week. We have to remove everything in the room. It wouldn't be so bad, but we have lots of gym equipment in half the room that has to be broken down. Then we have our three pieces of exercise equipment, like a treadmill, eliptical and bike to shove somewhere. Thankfully, Friday is not supposed to rain. So the outdoors is where the couches and chairs will be going. So tomorrow is the big day again. Hopefully it will be the last time for another ten to fifteen years. What a pain!

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea to make one great room. That is what I want to do in my house. We currently have carpetting, but it is ugly and its light color does not agree with my dog's often-dirty paws. We plan to get bamboo floooring once we get a little money saved. Though, I also worry about that because my poor dog doesn't do very well on slippery surfaces.

    ReplyDelete