Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Great Sunday

I am still coming off of a great weekend. It had been three years since the last time my husband and I had been skiing. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day, other than it being the time change and all. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law took our son up in their motorhome with our neice and nephew. What a cushy ride for them. We had the truck with the giggly teenage girls. The girls slept over Saturday night. What is amazing to me is how three girls can destroy a clean house so quickly. Oh well, they had fun doing it. Once we got out there skiing, it was like we had just done it the other day. The one thing I love about skiing is the beauty around us. The thing I don't love is the lines and getting stuck on the chair lift when someone falls getting on or off. It had been years since I got on the King chairlift at Sierra at Tahoe. It will be another 30 years before I do it again. It is a quick chair getting on and off, but incredibly slow moving. The chair stopped a few times while on it. There is a spot on the hill, whenever the chair stops, that scares the daylights out of me and everyone else. It is so far down. Your mind races as you sit there. How will they ever get me off of this thing? Apparently, it didn't bother my son because he just kept on talking. It's just scary. As we were over on the West Bowl area riding the chairlift, we could see a critter walking along the snow. My first thought was that it looked like a beaver. There is no way a beaver could be walking through the snow. I must have said it out loud because the group in front of us told us it was a porcupine. They are nocturnal though. We never did see him again. He must have been sleep walking. Back to skiing, the snow was incredible. Some areas were just a little icy in the shade. Once we were all done skiing, my sister-in-law, who does not ski, cooked us dinner. What a way to finish up skiing, spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad. She was our maid for the day, because she also cooked pizza for lunch. We didn't go hungry that's for sure. Then we packed up and headed home. What a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great trip. I have never been skiing. I can be a little clumsy, so I just know I would break a leg or arm or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh how fun! i have never been skiing or snowboarding! i would love to try it. it must be really nice to just glide down the mountain with the beautiful snow and trees.

    ReplyDelete